Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The day the Chuah's invade Finland

I'm really glad and blessed to have my parents visit me while I'm in Europe. Their presence really makes a difference although I have to literally revisit all the places I've been already. I can still remember the first day when I stepped out of the airplane and saw snow for the first time in my life. Today, I managed to capture that moment on my mum's face. I could sense her excitement, snapping every image of the white surrounding whereas my dad was busy asking all about the lifestyle in Finland (:

For once we were thankful that their luggage got delayed. It was definitely a blessing in disguise as we were planning to tour Helsinki before heading to my place. Imagine we had to lug two big luggages in the cold around city centre. We even had our luggage delivered right to my door step in Tampere (2.5 hours from Helsinki). I guess no matter how much a person plans in life, God still has the final call for everything.

Suomenlinna Island, World Heritage Centre with the half frozen Baltic Sea

No comments: